Technology / Home Audio / Terminals: You probably don't think about the connectors on the back of your speakers until you go to hook them up. There are two basic types: spring clips and binding posts.
Search Google for Terminals:

Spring Clip Terminals

Technology / Home Audio / Spring Clip Terminals: Are usually found on lower-priced speakers, and low- to medium-priced receivers. They work best with bare wire connections with small-gauge speaker wire, or pin-type connectors (see connectors, above) MORE

Binding Post Terminals

Technology / Home Audio / Binding Post Terminals: Are a sturdier, more versatile type of speaker jack, often found on higher-quality speakers and receivers, and on most amplifiers. They're threaded, so you can tighten them down against the wire or co MORE